Smartphone Mobile HotSpot
- What is Smartphone Mobile HotSpot?
- Smartphone Mobile HotSpot is a great way to connect your laptop, iPadŽ, tablet, iPodŽ and other devices to the Internet using the T-Mobile 3G or 4G phone you already own. All high-speed data options on T-Mobile's Simple Choice Plan include Smartphone Mobile HotSpot up to their data limit, except for the Unlimited 4G data option which includes 2.5GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot.
- What's the list of compatible phones?
- Mobile HotSpot ready smartphones include those running Android 2.2 or greater, Windows Phone 7 and 8 devices, BlackBerry OS 7.1 or greater, and iPhone 3GS or greater. Please click here for more information on compatible devices.
- What plans does it work with?
- All high-speed data options on T-Mobile's Simple Choice Plan all include Smartphone Mobile HotSpot up to their data limit, except for the Unlimited 4G data option which includes 2.5GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot. You can add additional capped Smartphone Mobile HotSpot usage: $10 per month per line for 2GB or $20 per month for 4GB.
- How do I add Smartphone Mobile HotSpot to my plan?
- You can change your data plan or add additional Smartphone Mobile HotSpot usage by visiting this link, visiting a
T-Mobileretail store or calling T-MobileCustomer Care at 1-800-937-8997.
- Why is Smartphone Mobile HotSpot usage not unlimited on the Unlimited Nationwide 4G Plan?
- In our efforts to make web access affordable for everyone we set our pricing based on the typical usage scenarios. In general, those whom share their phone's Internet connection with other devices tend to use more data and at a higher rate. Please note that standard T-Mobile Terms and Conditions prohibit sharing your phone's Internet data connection with laptops and other devices, but with the Simple Choice plans you are able to do this.
- Can I use this for my home network? Is this unlimited?
- This is an added service to your existing mobile data plan. It's designed for on the go and occasional home use – you may use it in your home but some of the typical home web behaviors (movies, music streaming) may cause you to reach your high speed data threshold or Smartphone Mobile HotSpot limit.
- Does it work with iPads®, iPods®, electronic readers, portable game consoles and other portable electronics?
- Yes, a Smartphone Mobile HotSpot ready phone when paired with the Smartphone Mobile HotSpot service should allow you to connect a limited number of Wi-Fi capable devices to the Internet.
If you feel you reached this page in error, or have questions about Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (Tethering) service, please call